Header Graphic




Federal Sites & Information

Where’s My Refund? 

IRS Website

Forms & Publications


Phone numbers:                Refund Hotline             Forms Hotline

                                   1-800-829-1954                          1-800-829-3676




Need a  Copy of Your Tax Return?  

If you need an actual copy of your return, you should complete and mail Form 4506 (PDF), Request for Copy of Tax Return along with a check or money order for $ 57.00 per tax year made payable to the "United States Treasury". 

Most needs for tax return information can be met with a tax return transcript or a tax account transcript, rather than an actual copy of the return. The tax return transcript shows information from the return as it was originally filed. A tax account transcript shows any later adjustments either the taxpayer or the IRS made after the tax return was filed. Transcripts are provided free of charge.

You can obtain a transcript by calling (800)–829–1040 or by completing and mailing Form 4506-T (PDF), Request for Transcript of Tax Return, to the address listed in the instructions.

Transcripts will be mailed directly to you, and should be received within two weeks after the IRS gets your request. Transcripts can be mailed to a third party if you specify this on Form 4506–T. 


Michigan Sites & Information


 State of Michigan Website



Forms & Publications


MI Treasury Online 


UIA Online Services       


Phone numbers:            Refund Hotline            Forms Hotline

                                1-800-827-4000         1-800-367-6263